When my mom passed away it seemed that her recipes went with her. Then the other day I was going through a storage box and found my mother's recipe book. I was delighted to find her cheesecake recipe.
The recipe that I share with you is one I found in my mother's recipe cards. The date on the card is 1968 and this is the same delicious dessert that my mother made when I was growing up. On the bottom of her recipe card there is a special instruction; make the cheesecake the day before for best results and garnish with any fruit before serving.
Know that cheesecake is a wonderfully delicious sweet treat and the perfect ending to the evening meal.
Here is what you will need to make this recipe:
2 8-ounce packages of cream cheese
1 cup of granulated sugar
2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
1 package lemon jello
1 cup hot water
1 can carnation evaporated milk
- With your mixer cream the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla ingredients together until all are blended
- Mix the jello and water together and then let set until it thickens. Add jello to cream cheese batter and use a beat until all ingredients are blended.
- Chill another large mixing bowl along with your beater in the freezer for 10 minutes. Remove when chilled and then add 1 can carnation evaporated milk / approximately 1 2/3 cups to the bowl and whip. Continue to beat the milk until it is thick like whipped cream.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cheese batter.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into 2 ready-made graham pie crusts.
- Refrigerate a day before serving.
So there you have it an easy and delicious cheesecake dessert for your family.
Here is an easy recipe for caramel sauce.