Fresh pumpkins are not expensive considering your get a fabulous decoration and get to make pumpkin pie with the puree. Here is an art set that I designed that will inspire you to make your own flowers in a pumpkin autumn decoration for your home.
How to Make Flowers in Pumpkin Decorations
- Shop at the pumpkin patch or at your locally for a medium rounded pumpkin with a stem.
- Look the pumpkin over by checking it for bruises to the flesh or discoloration. You will need a nearly perfect pumpkin for this seasonal decoration.
- When you get the pumpkin home wash the outside it to remove any dirt.
- Set the pumpkin with the stem facing upward. determine how big the opening should be to hold a potted chrysanthemum plant.
- Cut the pumpkin to allow an opening for autumn season flowers.
- Remove the seeds and the pumpkin pulp. Keep the seeds because you can roast them. Keep the pulp to make puree for pie or other baked goods; cookies or muffins.
- Wash the inside of the pumpkin. Make sure the strings are removed and that surface is clean. There should be no pulp remaining, you want a clean pumpkin shell.
- Let the pumpkin dry thoroughly. When the pumpkin is dry you would then set a potted chrysanthemum into the pumpkin. Or make your own bouquet; buy a variety of silk flower stems from the craft center at Walmart.com or hobby/craft store.
Tips remove the real plant from the pumpkin to water. Let it drain thoroughly before putting back in the pumpkin