Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Made From Scratch Dumpling Recipe

 

During the fall and winter season I enjoy making soup in my pressure cooker. I normally make a large pot of soup on Sunday and that soup will be served throughout the week. I make all kinds of soup but my family’s favorite is Chicken vegetables with dumplings.

Here is a photo I took of the dumblings that I made in my pressure cooker. 

Made from Scratch Dumpling recipe at Autumn Activities for Home and Family Blog

Let me tell you there is nothing better than dumplings that are made from scratch in your chicken or beef vegetable stew. Once you have eaten a dumpling that is coated with the delicious soup you won’t want to eat plain soup again.

For dumplings you will need the following ingredients.

2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour

¾ cup of milk

2 tablespoons butter

1 tablespoon baking powder

2 teaspoons salt

2 eggs

Add all of the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl. Stir the dry ingredients until they are mixed. Then cut in the butter until crumbly. Add the milk and eggs (I like to beat the eggs before I add them to the dry ingredients)  stir milk and eggs to make the dough soft. Use a teaspoon to drop the batter into the boiling soup. Cover the soup with a lid and turn the heat down to simmer. Cook the dumplings for 13 minutes. 

 Test the dumplings to see if they are cooked by inserting a toothpick into the center. If the toothpick comes out clean with no dough on it then the dumplings are done.


No comments: