Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Steampunk Halloween Costume Ideas



Every year I am invited to many Halloween costume parties and in the past I have waited for the last minute to buy my outfit.  This year I intend to get the costume that I want ahead of time.  


Today I found a website that featured creative costumes and I liked what I saw.  One of the collections was for steampunk. This fashion trend became popular in the 1980’s. It is a sub-genre of science fiction, alternate history and speculative fiction.  The clothing styles are that of the early Victorian era with an Edwardian look mixed with modern fashion. 

The clothing for women has many different looks from cotton ruffled skirts to high-end leather looks and everything in-between.  

I thought a trendy Steampunk costume would be more practical than other traditional costumes that I would wear one time and then store in a box for the rest of the year.  

I decided to buy a basic steampunk Halloween costume that consisted of a white ruffle blouse, corset, cotton ruffle skirt and coordinating accessories; rusty clock gears necklace, cuff bracelet and goggles.  I then could work these products  into my wardrobe. I would have a trendy Halloween costume and a fashionable everyday outfit.  


There are a variety of shoes and boots available and they are not all expensive; costs range from $45.00 and up.  

If you plan on adding your costume into your wardrobe after Halloween then the coordinating footwear would be a smart buy.  Otherwise if the costume is for one night then accessorize your high heeled pumps or laced up ankle boot with a  buckled spats.  The spats fit like a thigh high stocking.  They hold firmly to your leg.   The buckle spats look best when worn with a short above the knee ruffled skirt.

View this You Tube to learn more about Steampunk clothing







No comments: